The focus of this survey is on how people with disabilities use or would like to use mobile communication technology to monitor and manage their health.
The information collected from this survey will be used to help researchers, designers, and engineers create new mHealth solutions to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
We are interested in learning about your experiences or interest in using three broad types of mHealth technology:
· Mobile apps for recording health information (e.g., physical activity, diet) or managing your health
· Monitoring and tracking devices for recording activity and other health-related information (activity trackers, glucose monitor)
· Websites and other internet-based sources of health information
As a small expression of appreciation for your participation, the LiveWell RERC will donate $1.00 to each of the following 5 charities:
- American Association of People with Disabilities - www.aapd.com
- National Council on Independent Living - www.ncil.org
- American Red Cross - www.redcross.org
- Special Olympics - www.specialolympics.org
- Canine Companions for Independence - www.cci.org
If you would be willing to participate, you can complete the questionnaire at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/mHealthapps
If you have any questions, or wish to complete the survey by phone or paper copy, please contact me at: karthik_arulselvam [at] shepherd.orgor 404-350-7458
And please feel free to share the mHealth survey link with others who would like to participate.